Curtis Memorial Library

Personal tools

You are here: Home / About Us / History

Library History

How our library was started.

The Library was started 1950 by a ladies group called the Homemakers Club. It was located in the council chambers of city hall and operated by volunteers. From 1956-1983 Mrs. Jack Henderson was the (unpaid) librarian. In 1977 Lucy Curtis left the library a very generous bequest and the library took a long term lease on the council chambers in city hall. In 2002 the Library Board  decided to move the library to its present location. Through a Gaming grant, fund raising and donations they were able to purchase the current building and remodel, giving the library triple the space. Beginning in 2014 the library started to organize a History Room. We have received many wonderful donations of Local Historical Items. This is a continuing project and we appreciate the interest in our community.

LearningExpress

LearningExpress, an online database, provides resources to help with job preparation, career advancement, and college readiness.

LearningExpress Logo