Curtis Memorial library is located in Wheatland Iowa and serves the town, surrounding counties, and communities. The library was started 1950 by a ladies group called the Homemakers Club. It was located in the council chambers of city hall and operated by volunteers. From 1956-1983 Mrs. Jack Henderson was the (unpaid) librarian. In 1977 Lucy Curtis left the library a very generous bequest and the library took a long term lease on the council chambers in city hall. In 2002 the Library Board decided to move the library to its present location. Through a gaming grant, fund raising and donations they were able to purchase the current building and remodel, giving the library triple the space. Beginning in 2014 the library started to organize a History Room. We have received many wonderful donations of local historical Items. This is a continuing project and we appreciate the interest in our community. We are a B sized accredited library that participated in open access. We have three public computers and offer access to WIFI, we also offer copy, printing, faxing, and lamination for a slight charge. We can also scan documents and have a microfilm reader for public use.